Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ten Minute Dailies - Happy Little Rocks

Craig, our amazing and super dashing program coordinator/teacher* has been stressing the importance of daily 2D work in and amongst all the 3D, so I've been trying to do a little ten minute painting each day. They're not particularly fantastic right now, and some of the colour palettes are downright high, but I'm hoping that if I post them once a week, I'll be able to look back in a year and be absolutely horrified at how bad I was.



This week it turns out that I really liked rocks. Also, blue skies.

Also, some of these are based off reference I've shot personally, but some of them are grabbed randomly from the web. If you happen to see an image that's based off of your photo, internet, let me know and I'll totally give credit where it's due/take 'er down. Going forward I'll be sure to link to the original.

*cough totally not fishing for A's cough cough

4 comments:

  1. Reads like some sound advice to be given from this coordinator slash teacher you deal with. It maybe something others should consider themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GADS!

    These're all just gorgeous, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! And it's totally sound advice, for sure. It's just difficult to follow sometimes, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, this is a good idea! Nicely done, Craig and Bob Ross would be very proud.

    ReplyDelete